Friday, August 13, 2010

Stone Washed Jeans and Best Practices - July 23, 2009

(This is about my struggle with prescription meds and feeling sorry for completely alienating myself from the outside world)



Although it sounds condescending, I don’t mean to be distant –
Its never on purpose – why I chose to ignore all the attention

The calls and text messages – emails and IMs –
Shout outs and thank yous – and everything inbetween

But now I got my feet set – on some firm, solid ground –
it just took me a while to turn the – perception around

Like I got something else better – than to pay you some time –
So selfish of me – to play hard to find

But please don’t give up on me now – I need the encouragement –
Not afraid to admit – that I wasn’t able to originally work with it.

Expectations have been lowered and the standards may have faltered
But how do you say sorry for something so awkward?

Oblivious to common sense connotations -
Weakened by feelings of insecure resignation

Reality becomes a commercial – a never ending circle –
Of forgotten intensions –
Followed by faulty claims that don’t need to be mentioned here –
That propaganda goes elsewhere…

Not at this time – not in these nursery rhymes –
It’s a hard pill to swallow, realism defined.
Symbolic depictions of how these prescription meds can make me feel so dependent.
On solving the problems instead of just treating them.
And trying to find out why I ever said that I needed them.
Embracing change can be scary, like how do you appreciate the beautiful struggle?

"Let go of fear and forget about yesterday’s troubles.
Remember the victories and build on that karma.
Opportunities will become much more apparent with having that type of persona –
All because someone wasn’t afraid to give it a go.
No reason to question why seasons of increase are still pending delivery.
Look around everywhere, it’s already here."

No comments:

Post a Comment