Friday, August 13, 2010

Cheating and Breaking the Ropes - October 22, 2008

(Alot of guilt, alot of regret on this one...- and a pretty cool pro wrestling analogy at the end:)


I'm nervous about things right now because I don't know how it will look like from a perspective that isn't mine. I made a decision and that decision is final, at least for right now. But the feedback from that decision has been so overwhelming. I feel damned in both directions. I'm damned if I 'stay the course' and trudge on through and I'm damned if I act on what my gut has been telling me all along. Either way, people get hurt. The question is, which path leads to least resistance?

Opposites can be so unattractive. Failure and success all depends on the prize. It is worth it? That depends on the chase. Running away from the misery - and it still seems like the best mystery - is still light years away. Like a free lunch, there's no clean breaks. Even if I have both feet on the ropes – the referee doesn't care. Get the show going and give the people what they paid their money to see.

Relegated to the curtain jerker role, no curtain calls here, because the gimmick is tainted. He's money on the mic, but the only TV he gets, is during commercials. When the cameras come back on, he freezes right up, forgets all his lines, as the fans watch in sheer disbelief. Used to play babyface but now he's a heel. He loves the reaction but only if – the boys in the back - let him call his own match.

No comments:

Post a Comment