Friday, August 13, 2010

Freestyle - April 2, 2008

(WOW, looking back, I was on a roll with this one:)

Taking up too much time –
Writing these nursery rhymes –
But with the right features –
It may appear that I'm subliminally high

Forget all the crying –
Forget underlining – the sentances
No weak for the weary, no need to be shy –
It’s moments like these –
That really define me –
Head of my class, a sick poet in disguise -
So hit the fast forward – sit back and unwind –

Circumstantial significance –
With intermediate dependencies –
They say nothing is easy –
In a world of discrepancies.
Got a handful of ideas
But not enough contacts -
The critics are many –
Like conflicts and setbacks –
But I don’t care bout a perception that’s negative –
Cause I got the goods to rise the hell up out of this –
I’m not doubting the benefits –
Kissing ass and taking shit –
But sooner or later –
You’ll lose the initiative –
Afraid to change colors –
Or ruffle the feathers –
And letting everything go –
right under the covers.
As society is deadly conforming to norms –
And the pain is so cold –
Like cause and effect mode –
All the way down this yellow brick road –
so few fortunes -
So many doors –
Only one balcony but not enough windows –

Even bordedom gets lonely –
Every once in a while –
Just gotta ignore and move forward –
Regardless of value, I'm still selling my soul –
Like I'm shoveling gravel –

All the travels and all of the trials –
Spent on the road, heart beating with a heavy denial –
I still got the focus that makes it worthwhile -
God and country and money is nothing –
This isn't a mumbling -
I don’t care about wealth –
Just good health and the hunger –
Right now, my passion is a masterpiece –
But my perception always seems to be the centerpiece –
Of attention –
During round table discussions –
Self preservation mode – time to empty presumptions –
Like I got a bad attitude –
Because I question the funnel - the functions –
Of certain set in stone policies –
That make it harder for most – other jabronis -
To do their job properly –

when it becomes obvious that the compatencies are in question –
The comments start coming –
Right out of the concrete –
But even roses can rise if the chemistry’s good.
For better or worse, this war is now personal –
Better take a still capture, cause this isn't a ritual
This isn’t the usual –
Two minute bogus flow –
A plan is in action –
The cause is residual –

Not yet but someday soon –
All of this gloom –
That others assemble –
Will pale in comparison
Because I refuse to let
outside factor clog my potential -

No comments:

Post a Comment