Friday, August 13, 2010

Bogus Flow - April 16, 2008

(This rhyme is pretty tight, i wrote it at work:)

It's times like these when I need to reference the Microsoft spreadsheet –
Like a deadbeat dad – I'm not about numbers,
It's the attention my ears need –
No eye candy here in the windy city cdw facility –
Too many festivities to indulge in repeatedly –
Too many dependencies –
And there's no honor amongst thieves –
I should be working harder –
Instead of writing these nursery –
Rhymes to help pass the time –
Got money on my mind but no sales in the pipeline –
The opportunity is dim -
Cause 20/20 is hindsight –
And I got 20 bucks left in the bank account –
I got 99 reasons why I got sales in the crapper –
A bunch of damn resellers –
And like the Rock says – it doesn't matter –
If I up sell to the next higher tier –
I might as well get out of here –
Call it a day – come in early tomorrow –
Cold calls in the morning, with nothing to follow –
up on -
I got a fountain of possibilities –
But nothing in front of me –
Cause I'm held down by the window of opportunity –
Looking ever so busy while the day is wasted away
In the pits of discrepancies

Burning bridges –
Building my book of business –
Got nothing for now –
better call in the Guinness –
Book of world records –
Don't mean to ruffle the feathers –
But this weather is dumpy –
68 in the office – clammy and dreary –
Meanwhile outside – too bleak for the weary –
Worn out and needy – annoying endearment –
Got the ease of convenience –
But not even that is enough to get some much needed frequent –
Attention like my span is so random –
Like the phantom menace from star wars –
It's the sequel that nails them –
And this don't even make sense anymore –
My damn hands hurt – carepletunel from typing –
Them dogs will hunt but the bitches keep whining –
What is there to do anymore –
When the timing – is wrong?
just need a hit from the –
long, long time ago, gotta get something going and scarf down more bogus flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment