Friday, August 13, 2010

Freestyle - August 13, 2010

So this is it, this is what I’ve been given - Sitting in my room – cold, alone and I’m shiverin’
Cause even misery can creep – straight up outta this 100 degree heat – and even when I’m blazed I can feel the warmth of the cold streets – reminiscing about the days in Chicago – almost four years, where the hell did they all go? It’s like the immaturity seeped right outta my damn soul – and I’m so…
Anxious and oblivious to what the future holds for me
Almost kind of scared now – Getting pretty ornery
All my friends have girlfriends, drug habits, or wife and kids
And im stuck with jealousy, and sticky fingertips – salivating at a moment’s notice
Losing my focus faster than a magician can say Hocus Pokus
Here we are now - this is my reality. Although I don’t want to be here, I know God has laid out plans for me. It’s just a matter of being patient. No matter how easy it seems, I can’t be complacent. And I may be old, but I’ll never be ancient – history. All the memories of easier moments – combined with the challenges, mountains and unmovable boulders – but doesn’t matter how the premise was proposed – it’s time to start over. What matters most? Happiness is in the eye of the beholder. Well I must have a mental disorder. Because happiness seems so far away right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment