Friday, March 11, 2011

March flies

Why does it seem like dreams are the only means to fulfillment?
Reliving the past screams - viral images of resiliency
But realistically speaking, when I wake up a tank full of sharks
Who’s gonna be with me to tread on these muddy waters?

Challenges
Discouragement is a harsh reality in these words that I spit. Because it feels like I’m just barely breathing, sinking in the pits and underachieving. Realistically speaking, things could be more challenging. And I could always try harder. But the harder I try, the longer I fall. Depression of the past was much worse than right now. But hope for a strong future is sounding like yesterday - instead of what it should be - tomorrow.

Humility
Living in the basement.
No steady girlfriend or room for advancement.
Dirt bone broke, poor like a peasant
In a global society where I’m not an active participant
Afraid of my past accomplishments
Becoming more and irrelevant, with each passing day

Faith
God is out there. He might let me fall on my face but he will not let me drown. Faith is the substance, evidence is unseen. And to the naked eye, beauty can be unclean. And happiness is a state of mind, resulting from improper virtue. And a truth followed blindly can sometimes discourage you. But don’t let it in. Instead hold on to the faith that you have stored from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment